Start Date: 11/12/2019 8:00 AM CST
End Date: 11/12/2019 10:00 AM CST
Venue Name: Technology & Manufacturing Association Location:
1651 Wilkening Rd
Schaumburg, IL United States 60173
Technology and Manufacturing Association
Important: Workshop will BEGIN at 8:00am. Breakfast will be available starting at 7:30am.
In this workshop you will leave with a completed draft drug and alcohol testing procedure personalized to your preferences to apply to your company!
The workshop will include:
- Discussion on why a handbook policy on drug testing is not enough if you wish to test applicants and employees and protect the company as much as possible legally - a full procedure is needed
- Explanation of the component sections of the provided full procedure
- Discussion on personalization issues including:
- When you wish to preform testing (pre-hire, reasonable suspicion, random, etc.)
- Finding a local drug testing facility with full services (including breath alcohol testing)
- Types of drug panels to use
- Use of on-site pre-testing saliva kit option
- Offer last chance agreement
- Step-by-step application steps for Supervisors and Managers when reasonable suspicion drug testing is warranted
- Problematic area for drug testing - common pitfalls
- Common employee efforts to thwart testing positive results - creative ways employees attempt to falsify the test
- A sample reasonable suspicion checklist
- Sources for reasonable suspicion training for managers and supervisors
Brought to you by: Leslie Day of Precision Payroll of America
Open to all members, breakfast provided at 7:30am.