Start Date: 1/23/2018 6:00 PM CST
End Date: 8/9/2018 9:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Technology & Manufacturing Association
1651 Wilkening Road
Technology & Manufacturing Association
Tuesdays & Thursdays
FIRST SEMESTER: 01/23/18 - 04/26/18
SECOND SEMESTER: 05/08/18 - 08/09/18
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 5TH, 2018
The first year courses are the cornerstone of the Apprentice Program and cover math, print reading, and the basics of machine tool technology.
- Successful completion of WorkKeys assessments is required before registration. If these assessments have been completed, documention is required.
- Proof of high school diploma or GED required.
Industrial Math II Course 101
- Application of mathematical operations - fractions, decimals, whole numbers & mixed numbers
- Ratio & proportion
- Linear measurement
- Fundamentals of algebra
- Introduction to trigonometry
Industrial Prints Course 102
- Orthographic theory
- Line convention
- Pictorial representation
- Types of drawings
- Line convention
- Introduction to GD&T
Industrial Math III Course 103
- Right angle trigonometry
Machine Tool Technology Course 104
- Basic safety
- Process planning
- Process control
- Heat treatment
- Metal composition & classification
- Hands-on training - manual mill, manual lathe, surface grinder & drill press
Price: $1,750 textbooks not included. There will be a $150 fee for any registrations after 1/5/18.
NOTE: Dates and times subject to change; employers will be notified of any changes. Classes, workshops, or special events require a minimum number of registrants in order to run as scheduled. In the event of a cancellation, TMA will refund your fee IN FULL.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations will be assessed a $25 Cancellation Fee. Companies will be charged IN FULL if cancellations are not received in writing, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or faxed (847-825-0041) by noon 5 business days prior to the start date of the class or workshop. No refunds will be provided after this time. If you do not cancel and do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.