What's it like in your sector of manufacturing these days?
WASHINGTON - Labor shortages, steady business, six profitable months in a row ...
That's what the Institute for Supply Management says
they're hearing from manufacturers ...
Is that what's going on in your sector??
- "Business is very steady, but everyone is waiting till the last minute to place their orders." (Machinery)
- "Six profitable months in a row. First time since 2007." (Fabricated Metal Products)
- "Starting to see better order entry and planning on turnaround for 2018." (Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components)
- "Business has picked up the last few months, but next month is a bit slower — could be cyclical." (Plastics & Rubber Products)
- "Labor shortages are pretty universal, leading to longer lead times through the supply chain. Pricing pressure as community clamors for premium capacity." (Transportation Equipment)